"The whey cakes have a great nutrition profile and are easy to travel with."
WHAT IT IS
Whey Better Pancakes
Available in flavors like Classic Buttermilk, Wild Blueberry, and Chocolate Fudge, Wheycakes™ are an excellent source of high-quality protein with considerably fewer carbs and sugars than typical pancakes.
- 13-14g complete protein†
- Superior whey isolate and egg white protein sources
- Whole grain, gluten-free oat flour
- Packed with naturally-occurring BCAAs
- Makes great-tasting protein pancakes or waffles
- ZERO Gluten
- ZERO Trans Fat
- ZERO Banned Substances
- ZERO Taste Sacrifice
† Per serving
HOW TO USE IT
Easy to prepare and ready in minutes, for a quick, nutritious breakfast or any time meal.
Directions: Light & Fluffy Pancakes
1. Apply a generous amount of cooking spray, oil, or butter to a large non-stick pan and heat over medium flame (375° on an electric griddle) until a drop of water sizzles and immediately disappears.
2. While pan is warming, add one (1) scoop Wheycakes™ and 2 oz. water (use slightly more water for thinner pancakes) to a small bowl. Mix with a fork until well combined. Do not overmix! Batter should be slightly lumpy. Let stand for 1-2 minutes to thicken.
3. Pour mixture into hot pan or griddle. Cook until the bubbles on top begin to pop, then flip, and continue to cook until bottom is golden brown (about 1-2 minutes per side).
4. Enjoy immediately, while hot and fresh.
Directions: Hearty Waffles
1. Heat waffle iron.
2. Prepare mix as described above.
3. Pour batter onto waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
4. Enjoy immediately.
Top pancakes or waffles with grass-fed butter, fresh berries, peanut butter, jam, or reduced-sugar syrup.
Not bad if you want pancakes. Directions on packet are a little different then on website. Overall will buy them.
I would definitely opt for the blueberry flavor if you don't know which to get first !
The whey cakes have a great nutrition profile and are easy to travel with. The trick for fluffier pancakes is to let them sit for a minute before putting them into the pan. You can also add a scoop of protein if you want to take up the protein intake. You could also add a whole egg, but not necessary.
I didn't really know what to expect, but these were really good. Luv the blueberry pieces! It took a couple tries to get the water, temperature, and cooking time just right (don't add too much water, over-mix, or over-cook). Once you do, they are surprisingly similar to regular pancakes. Top them with a shot of syrup and a little butter and even the kids will eat them
I’m really disappointed they tasted like eggs. Only eggs. Literally no other flavor. I had to spit it out.