SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Rule One Proteins, LLC seeks an energetic social media manager to join its internal marketing team. This individual will work out of the Chicago, IL office to create and execute an effective content strategy across a wide variety of social media platforms including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Qualified candidates a) are highly-passionate about social media and digital marketing; b) possess the technical, creative, and analytical skills and experience necessary to build and maintain engaged customer followings; c) are very attentive to detail; d) work proactively and efficiently even in situations when direction may be vague or limited; e) are flexible and willingly accept constructive feedback; f) are reliable and punctual.
Office, full time, salary
Developing effective content, promotion, engagement, and conversion strategies.
- Work with senior management to outline a digital brand development program that aligns with overarching company goals and objectives
- Incorporate current trends and “best practices” for social media campaigns
- Establish key performance indicators (KPI) for each platform including: audience growth, reach, engagement, response rate, and customer feedback to measure return on investment (ROI) and program effectiveness
- Recommend budgets for activity to promote/boost content through social advertising
- Identify and evaluate emerging social channels, features, applications, platforms, tools, and strategies; implement when beneficial to strategic objectives
- Create and curate a unique and engaging “story” that compels people to interact with the brand, and ultimately purchase the products that Rule One makes.
Managing day-to-day social media activities:
- Planning, generating, and publishing relevant, original content, daily.
- Creating editorial calendar and posting schedule – including short term posts like Instagram Stories and Snapchat
- Participate in live videos
- Overseeing design of digital assets to ensure that they are consistent with brand positioning and company values
- Controlling community management - monitoring, reposting, responding to online comments and reviews, etc.
- Monitoring KPIs and modifying activities, as needed, for effectiveness
- Preparing monthly summary reports for management
- conceptualize, capture, edit, and publish video content that educates, entertains, informs, or inspires/motivates Rule One’s current customer base, and attracts new shoppers to its brands.
Related marketing duties including, but not limited to:
- Attending and representing the Rule One brand at trade events (as needed)
- Assisting with various “photo/video shoots” involving Rule One athletes, products, and manufacturing facility (as needed)
- Participating in weekly marketing meetings
- Supporting external promotional agencies (as needed)
- Assisting with website maintenance – blog content, SEO, images, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by senior management team
- 4+ years commercial social media experience; applicants with less than 3 years direct experience will not be considered.
- Possess a degree in advertising, marketing, communications, or other related field
Are Proficient With:
- Popular social media platforms including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and LinkedIn
- Social Media tools such as Hootsuite, SproutSocial, BuzzSumo, CoSchedule, Cyfe, and Quintly
- MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Analytics and AdWords
- Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, or other photo/video editing software
- Familiarity with Big Commerce, Shopify, MailChimp, InVision, JIRA, Trello and Adobe Creative Suite, is a plus
- Are capable of creating high-impact videos from concept to shooting and final editing
- Have a proven track record of developing and implementing successful social media strategies (able to demonstrate with specific examples)
- Communicate clearly and concisely through visual, verbal, and written means – particularly as it relates to crafting social content
- Work well independently and in cross functional teams (both internal and external)
- Are proactive, meticulous, and efficient
- Arrive to work punctually and deliver projects on-time
- Have an affinity for nutrition and an active, healthy lifestyle
RULE ONE OFFERS:
- A fun, fast-paced, and challenging work environment within the rapidly growing sports nutrition and functional nutrition industry
- Extensive opportunity for personal development and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits